Our firm has a dedicated insurance defence group that is retained to defend a full range of insurance claims including:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including accident benefit claims
- CGL claims including product liability and occupiers’ liability claims
- Professional liability
- Surety and financial services
- Subrogation and
- Coverage options
The philosophy of our firm is to aggressively pursue our clients’ goals while simultaneously recognizing the clients’ budgetary realities. Litigation can be expensive, but we believe we can control costs by using state-of-the-art computer research tools, document creation and organization software programs, and by efficiently assigning our personnel. We have a reputation for managing files in a very cost-effective manner.
We believe that cost-effective and goal-orientated claims administration involves:
- Early identification of key issues and evaluation of the value of the claim and defence potential;
- Consultation with the client regarding defence strategy and to identify client goals;
- Establishing a rapport with the insured and ensuring the insured’s interests are being considered and protected;
- Resolving claims that are able to be settled as quickly and as reasonably as possible through direct negotiation and mediation;
- Providing experienced trial counsel to defend cases that require a trial.
It is important to serve notice that weak claims and unreasonable demands will be rigorously defended and scrutinized at trial. Our litigators have extensive trial and appellate experience. We have a track record of excellent trial results.