Corporate Law & Commercial Law
Brown Beattie O’Donovan’s corporate and commercial law group was founded by William E. Beattie, Q.C. in 1958. For over 50 years, BBO has been providing legal advice on every aspect of business and commercial transactions, with a view to developing long-term relationships with our clients.
Our corporate lawyers are primarily focused on servicing commercial clients in London and Southwestern Ontario, including small to medium-sized businesses, institutions, and multinational corporations.
The corporate law group, located in London, specializes in assisting clients with a broad range of services including, how to incorporate your business, franchising, commercial leasing, commercial litigation, and more.
Our corporate and commercial law group provides legal advice and services to individual and corporate clients. Our business lawyers can support you in the following areas:
- Articles of incorporation
- Corporate reorganizations, mergers, and amalgamations
- Formation of general and limited business partnerships
- Franchise and joint venture agreements
- General commercial matters
- Incorporation and organization of federal and provincial business corporations
- Preparation of shareholder agreements
- Purchase and sale of businesses, including asset and share transactions
- Secured transactions and commercial leasing
- Tax-driven transactions
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether or not you need a lawyer will depend on the circumstances of your case. For more information, please submit your contact information as well as a brief description of the issues in the form provided and we will get in touch with you.
Unfortunately, we do not accept legal aid as a payment option.
The length of proceedings will depend on the circumstances of your case. Factors that can affect the timeline include: whether and how vigorously it is defended, availability and quality of evidence, court availability etc. For more information, please submit your contact information below and we will get in touch with you.