Our corporate and commercial law group was founded by William E. Beattie, Q.C. in 1958. For over 50 years, BBO has been providing legal advice on every aspect of business and commercial transactions, with a view to developing long-term relationships with our clients.
Our primary focus is servicing commercial clients in London and Southwestern Ontario, including small to medium-sized businesses, institutions, and multinational corporations.
The corporate and commercial law group at Brown Beattie O’Donovan provides legal advice and services to individual and corporate clients in the following areas:
- Corporate reorganizations, mergers, and amalgamations
- Formation of general and limited business partnerships
- Franchise and joint venture agreements
- General commercial matters
- Incorporation and organization of federal and provincial business corporations
- Preparation of shareholder agreements
- Purchase and sale of businesses, including asset and share transactions
- Secured transactions and commercial leasing
- Tax-driven transactions