At Brown Beattie O’Donovan, we have a dedicated insurance defence group that is retained to defend a full range of insurance claims in London and Southwestern Ontario. Our litigators have extensive trial and appellate experience. We have an excellent track record of trial results.
Our team has experience defending the following types of claims:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including accident benefit claims
- CGL claims including product liability and occupiers’ liability claims
- Professional liability
- Surety and financial services
- Subrogation and coverage options
- And more
Our Litigation Approach
The philosophy of our firm is to aggressively pursue our clients’ goals while simultaneously recognizing the client’s budgetary realities. Litigation can be expensive, but we can control costs by using computer research tools, document creation, and organization software programs. We have a reputation for managing files in a very cost-effective manner.
In the case of insurance litigation, we believe that by effectively assigning our personnel, we can administer claims in a cost-effective and goal-orientated manner. This approach involves:
- Early identification of key issues
- Evaluation of the value of the claim and defence potential
- Consultation with the client regarding defence strategy and to identify client goals
- Establishing a rapport with the insured and ensuring the insured’s interests are being considered and protected
- Resolving claims that are able to be settled as quickly and as reasonably as possible through direct negotiation and mediation
- Providing experienced trial counsel to defend cases that require a trial
It is important to serve notice that weak claims and unreasonable demands will be rigorously defended and scrutinized at trial.
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether or not you need a lawyer will depend on the circumstances of your case. For more information, please submit your contact information as well as a brief description of the issues in the form provided and we will get in touch with you.
Unfortunately, we do not accept legal aid as a payment option.
The length of proceedings will depend on the circumstances of your case. Factors that can affect the timeline include: whether and how vigorously it is defended, availability and quality of evidence, court availability etc. For more information, please submit your contact information below and we will get in touch with you.
For general litigation cases, we require a retainer before taking any action. The retainer is not an indication of the final fee. Fees are charged on an hourly basis and our lawyers’ hourly rates will vary depending on their level of experience. Contact us for further details.